NGBC Educational and Community Services Incorporated (NGBC-ECS) is a domestic 501 (C) (3) described in section 509(a)(1) and 170 (b)(1) (A) (vi) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Increase the participation and awareness of disadvantaged and underrepresented youth in the areas of education, economic development, the arts, entertainment, recreation and sports;
- Assist youth with developing decision making skills in order to become effective citizens and leaders in the community;
- Aid youth in recognizing community related issues and how to develop positive solutions through planning.
NGBC-ECS is a community based organization which strives to build learning partnerships that will enhance the overall well-being of the individual, family, and community.
The Goals of NGBC-ECS are to enhance the academic success of students in reading, mathematics, writing, and computer skills while providing a nurturing six week hands-on academic summer program. The camp provides parents that have limited resources an opportunity to enroll their child in a quality program that will enhance their academic skills and enrich their social and cultural development.
The program provides a structured learning environment in which pre-kindergarten through eighth grade students are academically, socially and culturally enriched through hands-on instructional sessions, field trips, and special projects.
More specifically, NGBC-ECS will address:
- The “digital divide” which separates those with access to computers and the internet from those that do not have access or limited access at most;
- Cultural experiences through field trips and research projects;
- Business and career issues through guest presenters and projects.
This will assist participants with life skills relevant to learning, building a career and/or profession.